Sunday, September 26, 2010

Island fever

I'm on Jeju Island. I can tell I'll like it already. I've got a small budget for my stay, so the longer that money can last, the longer I can stay. I slept 12hrs straight last night - crashed at a love motel with 2 friends who left this morning because of school and work commitments, an I literally stayed until the last mintute for check out time at noon because I slept until after 11am.
Now, I've just got to find somewhere to sleep - hopefully for free. I met a cool dude yesterday on the boat ride who rode his scooter from Seoul to Mokpo and saw me at the Jjim jil bang we slept at. Fun! The boat ride got pretty rough towards the end, and I with my land legs and not sea legs wasn't doing so well, so he got me some medicine. The kindness of Koreans always blows me away. He's camping and roughing it as well, so I might see what he's up to while he's on the island.
Also, some people told me about the laca tubes here - since Jeju is a volcanic island; there's apparently hollow lava tubes and cool caves to check out! I'm a bit in love with caves, so I've got to try and find where these are.

No comments:

Post a Comment