Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Adrift

I'm currently out to sea; staring at the amazing stars and constellations peeping through the big fluffy cumulous clouds that litter the midnight sky. I'm the only one at the bow of the boat, and it's been that way for a few hours; which I completely love. I am even thinking of getting into boat hitchhiking or working on a boat sometime.

We're about 3 hours into our 14hr journey - lots of travel today for me. I was up on an express train this morning at about 10am and going for aost 6 hrs zipping past some of the cities I have been to since I got here two and a half weeks ago - through Tokyo, past Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and a hundred other placesbefore finally making it to Kokura and Shiminoseki to catch the boat.

This one is run by Koreans, not Japanese like my previous one to Japan. Thank God - I couldn't afford to eat a thing on the last boat, but tonight I got a banana milk ans noodles for something like $2.50. I love korea. The prices on the boat aren't even marked up from mainland store prices; that's freaking integrity. This is totally the time to rip off the unprepared; such as me who showed up bearing an orange, a bag of mixed nuts and a mini bottle of wine. Still plan on drinking the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment