Thursday, September 23, 2010

87.5kms

Today was a big day. I'm in a town called Gocheok, and I biked my ass off to get here. I did it in 6hrs, and pulled into my destination just as the skies had gone from a hazy purple to a burning deep red as the sun withdrew itself away, chasing the next day down behind the mountains. It was beautiful.
Tonight I'm sleeping it a Jim jil bang again - the public bath/ sauna places. You actually can't beat it; it's ₩7,000, which is equal to $6.20 Canadian dollars. So I had a shower, swam in a small lap pool, sat in the jacuzzi for a bit as a treat to my weary muscles, and got a fresh set of clothes and towels for my stay. There's also a common area with the hot/cold/oxygen rooms and a gym.
As forthe last time I wrote, at around 11pm, I found a couch to crash on, and was totally sweet and lucky to be there, because it ended up raining that night and into the next day. I ha one night sleeping out in the rain, and I did not need another just yet. Fingers crossed the weather holds out- forecasts say it's due to be good utility Sunday, but I'm hoping for clear skies for at least another week, unless I can find somewhere free and good to hole up.

I'm soooo beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment