Tuesday, August 10, 2010

just me and a few hundred others


I'm currently living in a dorm on a university campus, where I am living in the same building as the other teachers and the other kids. three floors of them. It's kind of like mayhem, with the kids not able to go outside and play, they end up playing indoors all night long (mind you, they're kept pretty busy with study until about 9-10pm). Yesterday, the kids figured out the code to my door, and one of them just punched it in and let him self in while i was sitting inside. He then thought he could just come in and hang out, as if he'd figured out the secret code word to the clubhouse. 

It's been a bit tought at times, seeing this many people everyday and not really having any alone time, aside from just escaping to my room and shutting my paper thin door momentairily to all the noise and chaos that is just beyond, but I really will miss these kids when they go at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment