Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good mistake

Yesterday after finally waking up (my friends and I hit the social circuit of Daegu until 5am), made my "early start" to get back to the city of Daechon to get back to the mud festival to take photos. Seems
I partied to hard and my 5 hours of sleep didn't quite cut it for the brain waves to be in action, and after hoppin on my bus and zoning out to a movie on my iPod, I disembarked 2 hours layer to find myself in
Daejon, not Daechon. I actualy had no idea where in korea I was for about 15minutes; I ASSUMED this must be Daejon, but as I'd never been there I wasn't so sure. Luckily I've got a few friends that I met thru skateboarding in Seoul that live here. Turns out my luck is impeccable some days, as they had just gotten back from a month and a half trip overseas to Canada and Japan, my friends dad had lent him the car for the day (which is apparently a rare occurrence), and he was picking up his girlfriend at the time, who lives right by the bus station I showed up at. So they swung by 10mins later and we were on our way to the best Su-jae-be (like.. Soup with yummy morsels of black compressed rice in it) in town!
Sorry for crashing the date, by the way.
After that we got Strawberry bak-bing-su (strawberries, shaved ice,  ice cream and milk...mmm), and two other buddies showed up so we could share a drink and just have a fun night all hanging out, and my friends girlfriend was awesome and put me up for the night and even took the hour Lon bus ride with me the following day to get to where I needed to catch the intercity bus from! SUCH an awesome girl!
So all this went down; a little to my embarassment but good all the same; and I got to the the festival for it's final day, bursting with blue skies and oversized puffy white clouds. (I also made some of the best mud-based soap you may have ever seen) 

Tonight, I head for Jeonju, another friends house, another two hour bus ride, but a great weekend behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment