Thursday, June 17, 2010

208 kms

Today at 6pm I hit the 200 km mark. I was so stoked, and seeing as I was alone, I just took a photo of my odometer while biking to celebrate. Yesterday I was picked up by a cop on Highway 15...for biking on the highway. He just drove me down to the next city and dropped me off at the cop shop.
Earlier that day two other cops pulled me over, but they just gave me two bottles of cold water and we talked for a bit. I was so so grateful for the cold water and also for these random Popeye snacks they gave me.
I stayed last night in Daechon at jim jil bang. Some kids sat behind me and stared at me and gave me a fright when i finally realised they were there. They were cool! Two 17 yr oldgirls and a 21 yr old boy. we just hung out until i got tired and passed out just after midnight in my little cubby.
Today was gangster and tough and beautiful. I went up two mountains, a max speed of 61kms/hr TWICE (booyah!), and saw some of the most peaceful areas in Korea that I could imagine. Rice fields aplenty. Small towns with specific trades. One just a stone cutting town!! All it had was statues littered all over, and huge freaking stone cutting wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment