Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Murphy and his strangely accurate Law


 Taken in Sinseol-dong, Seoul
Lately I seem to be a prime example of Murphys Law, my favourite ring shattered yesterday while tryin to smoosh a mosquito (maybe that qualifies somewhat under karma, but Mosquitos and I have never been friends), my camera went into the shop for repairs, which is over about an hour and a half from home, and upon returning the next day to pick it up (with charges to repair of course), new errors have started showing up. The bad kind too, the ones that won't even let me take any shots, and here I am trying to go on my bike adventure. Did I mention I also got a flat tyre on my bike, and the compass that was supposed to show up nearly a week ago was for some reason delayed? Luckily thatshowed up this morning, but I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get to go with all these things continually popping up.

Meanwhile this has been a pretty good week shots wise, and have been shooting black and white film as well as digital, since I found someone I can develop my film with (I'm led to believe for free) when I return to Seoul after my summer of adventure and Daegu.

The reason I am at the camera store by the way, was to purchase a new lens. At the moment I've decided not to take any film cameras on my trek... A decision I hope I don't regret, so in leui of film, I got a little cheap and dirty 50mm lens. Ive had one of these ad broke it before, so I known its a good little cheap investment. I would really like one of the pricey F1.2 bad boys, but it's really not worth quite the price tag they've given it when I can get great shots for a twentieth of the price.
 Taken in Hongdae, Seoul in a small upstairs bar

1 comment: