Tuesday, June 15, 2010

66km

Today wast first real day of biking, and I did 66kms by the end of it.
It was a rough night sleeping outside because it started pouring while I was sleeping under some stairs at a university in anseong, so I managed to only get about 2hrs of sleep. The rain was still going in the morning, so I had to get my stuff all packed tight and waterproofed, which means everything is really not accessible, and the load is not bound as tightly.. Plus I was wearing a bright blue poncho (also my waterproof sleeping tarp), and waterproof shoe covers that I got from somewhere, and are about 6 sizes too big, but even though the going was a little slow, I made it through! At one point my bike computer stopped working, but an awesome dude at the bike store sortedtot out, and later in the day, one of my shifters just fell off my bike, so for now that has a temporary fix which seems to get the job done, just with a bit of extra clicking.

I decided to blow past my days goal of Asan, and head for Yesan (예산), but I was getting really hungry at this point (about 6:30), so when the watermelon vendors on the side if the road yelled out hi as I had just passed by, I backtracked a little and got some juicy goodness, while they entained me Non-stop... Apparently one of the ladies likes hairy men, much to the embarassment of a male customer that stopped and ended up with a large watermelon and his arm being loving petted.

I got the sweeter offer and they askednif I would like to sleep at her house rather than go on to the next town and sleep outside. I was in before you could bat and eyelash, and it is so far one of y favourite memories - Her husband collects records, and while eating his awesome homemade pasta and watching Korea kick ass in the works cup, we listened to The Smiths and Led Zepplin! I love farm life!
Can't wait to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment