Monday, April 19, 2010

two weeks in

Cult Skate Park in Seoul
So, as of friday, I hit two weeks since my arrival in Korea.
I hopped on some buses I didn't know the destination of, and ended up walking all over town, heading to some fun places, exploring in small old alleys, and finding a good cheap coffee shop near my place as well!
Friday, I went with my friend to get a tattoo (Korea Tattoo). It was a legit looking place, and seemed un-sketchy, like some of the other tattoo places around this place. It takes a while, because they draw it up and do it on you all at the set time of your appointment, and is also more expensive than it is in Canada (min. cost here is $150), but if you want a lasting momento from Korea, then who cares, right!?


On Saturday, we went to go watch a skateboarding demo with some friends, and that was super awesome. It was a Volcom Skate tour...but in all honesty, I think a lot of the guys were feelin a bit rough from the party they had the night before out in Hongdae, haha. It was awesome though, we skated around for a few hours ....I am totally a beginner, and so I bailed about three times...and am still sore for it. ha.
 But then we went with some friends we met that day to grab some beer, and then headed to a NoLeh Bang after that - a small private karaoke room! $5 gets you a beer and an hour in these rooms. So the seven of us piled in and sang our hearts out! It was definitely one of the most fun days I've had since I've been in Korea!

Check it out for yourself!

.Sweet, sweet singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment