Friday, April 16, 2010

Take a rest

Koreans love to sleep.
Anywhere.
On the bus, on the street, at the bar, you name it. There is even a blog dedicated to it (http://blackoutkorea.blogspot.com/)


Today was my first day skateboarding in Korea! I went to the dongdaemun skate park [컬트 스케이트 파크(Cult skate park)‎], then along the Cheonggyecheon in Seoul. So basically this is a reclaimed part of the city that was once covered over by a road! It's a lowered walkway area along-side a lovely little stream that is one of the only calm areas in this city of nearly 10million people. Bumpy ride, but fun nonetheless. It was nice not to be near the cars, as I'm not a stellar skater. 
I just drank beer and had dried squid with 이모부 (phonetically, this is ee-moe-boo, which is an affectionate term for Uncle here in Korea. I use this...even though he is not my uncle). I love squid since Korea opened my eyes to it. Mm. Squid.

No comments:

Post a Comment