Thursday, December 30, 2010

Australia

This country is soooo huge. I got a bit spoiled in Korea. 

I wanted to be at the top of the country one day, and the bottom the next, it was no problem, just a super affordable bus ride away and a couple of hours with my charged ipod, and I was set.. but here is just unfathomable and expensive to do such an expedition. I was talking on skype to a friend who is in a little dot on the map called Kintore. It's a speck, really. A red, dusty speck. A bit of a dream to photograph, with this amazing spectacular earthen colour, and the local people so full of character. So i had this bright idea to pop over and hang out there for NYE... bzzt! 

Her father (I was over at the family's house for din dins and catch-up time) told me it was an $800 ish/ 2 hr flight to Alice Springs, and then a 7 hour drive.

Nevermind.

But I really, truly would love to head out there.

This family is sooo awesome. I worked for them when I was in University on my days off from school, and they are the most well-traveled people with the biggest hearts, and actually run this really amazing organisation called World Outreach, so the father was in Pakistan during the floods, told me about the amazing sights in Calcutta, and want me to come with them to Bangladesh on their next trip there. Of course I'm so in. It's really inspiring to talk to people like this and to know that i'm not completely bonkers to want to see so much of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment