Monday, July 26, 2010

Mud festival - two point oh


Mud festival punters
I decided I needed to rewind time as best I could, since I spent my entire time at the mud festival the previous weekend literally just covered head to toe and orifice in mud, so I went back again this weekend. Luckily, this thing lasts for a total of 9 days, so I was catching it on the very last weekend.

 I headed out from Daegu on Saturday, planning to spend the day shooting there before heading to another town where I've got a few good friends to stay with. So I went to the bus stop, and got a ticket for Daechon, checked with the bus driver that it was the place near Boryeong, and hopped on and passed out for the duration of the trip.

We got there... and I hopped off... and then kind of stopped and was like 'where the HELL am i?', since I had been to Daechon twice now: once on bike and once on bus, and I saw nothing of what I recognized. 
Bummer.

Turns out the lady put me on a bus to Daejon, so I went a few hours in a whole new directon. Luckily, I just so happen to have an awesome friend who is from here, and he and his best friend just got back 3 days earlier from a 6 week skateboarding holiday of Canada and Japan, and his girlfriend who I'd also made friends with once also lived there. Booyah. Phone call made, stars aligned, and my friend just so happened to have his dad's car that day to take it to get a tune up, and was picking up his girlfriend, who lives 10mins from said bus stop. I kind of bombed their date, but fortunately they are genuinely awesome people and were just happy to see me, so we all spent the night just hanging out and having a blast, and I stayed at Hyelin's house (girlfriend), and caught my bus to Daechon the next day. 
Mud war in full force
Turns out the weather was RIDICULOUSLY good, so things really just panned out for me on all fronts, and I had an awesome afternoon shooting, avoiding mud the best I could, (but still unable to resist one muddy person who wanted a hug) and just having a freaking BLAST of a day. Headed off to the next town to crash at my friends place while she was out of town, and found some work the next day and headed back out to the next city.
 Coloured mud
 LOTS of photographers out for a shot.
 The craziest move of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment