Sunday, November 28, 2010

Das racist

I've been absent for good reason; I did a mini tour de Korea; I caught buses to all the towns I spent significant time and had friends who I had to see one last time before leaving Korea. At this point, the count is dismally down to something around 5 days. So I hung out in Jinju, having fun, making new friends (one Korean girl; extremely inebriated I might add; took a strong liking to me and ended up trying to kiss and cuddle me into a corner), playing pool ad sleeping in a country-side looking area in a miniature chateau/ school where my friend works, and getting up at 7:30am after a big night out.
Das Racist
Next was Daegu, and another all nighter; shooting Das Racist, a rap trio out of New York, before finally making it back to my friends house. She had forgotten Yo pay her utilities bill for far too long, and actually had the electricity shut off for the ONE night I was there. Luckily I apparently watched enough MacGyver as a kid, and not only had a flashlight, but strung it from the ceiling. I forgot to mention that since she had no hot water either, earlier in the night to get ready for the show, I had washed my hair myself in a hairdressers shop after explaining as best as I could in Korean my predicament. Luckily they thought it was entertaining and hooked it up for free. Booyah for getting to use the good shampoos and conditioners for free! I also blow dried it since it's freezing outside these days. This was a major gamble, as sometimes I can turn out looking like a healthy blend of Frankenstein an a chia pet after using these contraptions, but luckily I got a fun rocker look. Phew.
The next morning I was up early again after only a few hours sleep, to go visit my friends family that I had lived with on and off during the summer. Petted the rabbit, had the final (for now) chit chats with the fams, and then was off again to go do a photoshoot with Das Racist. Good Lord, I hope they turn out good. Film always gives me a heart attack that way. Also got some in a thrift store on the good old un-heart-attack giving digital. It was fun. It's a little tricky bossing around three New York rappers, but they're all really good fun guys. I got a new fav saying from one of them, just dropping in 'that's so sexual' at random times. Fun!
Das Racist #2
Then I boosted to Daejeon where I've got some superb friends I met through skateboarding; even though I dreadfully suck at said activity. So we got drinks, played pool, and just shivered our way around Daejeon, and then my friend that night gave me his 'room'; sleeping on the floor in the living room or his family house, and he shared his sisters room. I love Korea.
Das Racist performing in Seoul at the Rolling Hall, in Hongdae
Then back up to Seoul for shooting Tecla and Das Racist (DR) again .... the venue caught on fire!
No big deal, they caught it quickly since Tecla was singing and pointing at it saying it was on fire pretty fast. The resulting fire extinguisher fumes were overwhelming, but still the show went on. DR came on after, and are frigging hilarious. They dance around, try to tell the crowd to say it was during their set that the stage caught on fire, and they really just have fun and make it a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment