Saturday, May 1, 2010

5:55pm


 I went down south on a KTX train for a few days, and snapped these two shots in a town called Gimje
Lately, there's been this expo on for images and photographers. Thank God I came here just in time for this, it's turned out to be a little bit invaluable, in the way that I have not only met photographers galore, but I've also made some connections to join biking clubs, where to go to develop my film myself, and possibly even a studio that I can use... I think for free. So I feel like I can definitely say that I'm starting to feel as though I'm getting my footing in this new city of mine. Plus I have also gotten a tshirt with one of my photographs printed on it, six 8x10's, and one enlargement all printed for free! Yes, I am having a good week. 

It was a CRAZY experience there though - there are models hawking everything, and the photographers are just snapping like it's a major red-carpet event or something, just most of these photographers are amateurs, and here the light and scenes are set up for them already. It's intese for sure. Mind you, that's how they do things here, even if a new bakery open up, a model is out the front dancing, posing and just generally trying to get the attention of whoever walks by.

The closer it gets, the more I become excited about this bike adventure of mine. My plan is to get from Seoul to Busan on my bike somehow. I KNOW this sounds slightly over-ambitious, but I really just want to give it a shot and see where I land, you know? I'd never know if I never tried, and just can't live that way.
Unlike Seoul people, these two both obliged when I asked to take a photo

No comments:

Post a Comment