Sunday, March 25, 2012

Travel adventures 2.0

What a day. I have been stuck in La Paz, Bolivia for two days trying
my best to get to Arequipa where I have a flight on the 24th (it is
now currently 10pm on the 23rd so I'm skating it a little bit fine),
but I was unable to go due to protests just outside of La Paz. It was
understandable why; they raised the tariff for entering the city by
50%, so there were large rocks across the road, and people sat across
the road to completely block any passage. It was STILL like this when
I passed through, but luckily after an hour of scouring the town, we
found an unblocked route and got through to the border to Peru. After
all those fun procedures, we found out there was ANOTHER protest on
the Peruvian side - this time miners were protesting that mining
should have to be completely legalised; people were rouge mining and
exploiting the country's resources. Again, understandable, and again,
dammit. So I ended up in another little van, or 'collectivo', for
another town two hours along Lake Titicaca and am now... finally...
Aboard a bus like what I paid for. I bought some natural sleeping
pills and I think this 10hr bus is the time to give them a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment