Friday, March 26, 2010

the beginning of the end


“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

I am down to 6 days and counting.
I still have three years of taxes, a whole life of posessions, and a very loved cat to still organise, and I've only just today had my last day or work.

It really takes longer than 6 days to organise yourself to move across the world, and I have, as per my procrastinating nature, left it all until the last few ticks on my non-existant watch to kick into high gear.
Mind you, i'm planning on kicking into high gear tomorrow.

Luckily, I seem to have a plethora of good friends flanking my sides, most of whom trump me exhaustively in the organisational skills department; proven by now being the proud owner of two tickets for my friend and I to the local theme park (http://www.everland.com/ - check OUT this rollercoaster!), and suddenly, I even have a place to stay, rent free with a friends aunt for two months! Another friend has taken on the daunting task of helping me pack. As you can imagine, i'm nominating her for a well-deserved saint-good coronation, namely because I am a wannabe collector.
...I have a half assed collection of the following items:
stickers
cameras
foreign money
vinyl toys
buttons i've found around the world
art supplies
beads
random scraps of fabric
film / negatives
old postcards
stationary
random musical instruments
books

...whoops.
I mostly just seem to consider most of my possessions lumped into one of these categories, hence making things a little more difficult.

But soon... ..actually exactly one week from this exact hour, I will be on a plane freshly landed in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment